Drink Like a Girl is launching the first ever New York State Virtual Beer Festival, DLG Backyard Brewfest, a collaboration of 15 breweries across New York, who are bringing the brewfest to you. This initiative is designed to assemble some of the best craft beers in the FLX region and NY State.
The Backyard Brewfest is pretty simple. They want to bring the festival to the beer drinkers’ backyard. DLG has compiled fifteen breweries to contribute a specialty beer to an assorted case, and will add the goodies and swag. Customers will do a curbside pickup for their box, and then on Saturday, October 3, DLG will digitally host an event where participants can drink virtually with the brewers, influencers, and other participants.
With the recent news of brewfest cancellations across the country, there is a hole in the beer industry that our community looks forward to every year. Drink Like a Girl’s Backyard Brewfest is here to salvage the celebrations and community engagement.
A total of 15 different NYS craft breweries have come together to make this possible, offering a box full of goods. Take this bad boy home and host your own brewfest in your backyard with friends and family. Don’t forget to vote on your favorite brew and help them take home the trophy.
Participating breweries include: Other Half, Grimm, Webe, Resurgence, Three Heads, Grist Iron, Rohrbach, Lucky Hare, Stoneyard, War Horse, Buried Acorn, Captain Lawrence and more.
All this for ONLY $70!!! That’s only $4.67 per brew. Purchase tickets here.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Purchase a ticket to the DLG Backyard Brewfest to reserve your full mixed pack (and other goodies). Select your desired pick up day/time slot.
- Pick-up your box on your scheduled pick-up day. Please bring the following to the pick-up location: printed ticket, ID, mask (please wear a mask during the drive-thru).
- Take home your DLG Backyard Brewfest Pack.
- Enjoy with your family and friends while you participate in virtual events including tasting along with some of the brewers themselves and a craft beer influencer.
Virtual events include:
- Taste with War Horse’s Brewer
- Taste with Resurgence’s Brewer
- Learn from Craft Beer Influencers CJ (@Beer.Brat) & Savanna (@ladyofthehops)
- Taste with Stoneyard’s Brewer
- “Step Up Your Social Media Game” with Content on Draft® owners Amy and Morgan
- Brewers read off “Mean Comments” from followers on social media and Untappd (A homage to Jimmy Kimmel’s “Mean Tweets”)
- Statewide Cheers
*All ticket holders will be emailed September 25 with details on where online to join the virtual event.
*Pick-up locations: 1. War Horse Brewing 2. Stoneyard Brewing 3. Resurgence Brewing
- A full 15 pack of 16oz. assorted craft beers (mostly limited releases) consisting of the best products each brewery has to offer.
- DLG pint glass
- Descriptions from the brewers themselves
- Virtual events including tasting your pack with a brewer and learning from a craft beer influencer on October 3
- Voting sheet – the brewery with the most votes will receive bragging rights and the DLG Backyard Brewfest Trophy! (vote needs to be sent in by October 4 to email@example.com)
DATES AND TICKET INFORMATION
Ticket sales have been extended to September 24 to give breweries enough time to finish their products to be picked up on October 1 & 2. Virtual events will take place on October 3 (3-7pm).
Pick-Up Time Slots: Each ticket will have a designated time slot for the day to continue to promote social distancing and not overwhelm the pick-up location at any one time.
Thursday, October 1 – War Horse Brewing (2-9pm)
Friday, October 2 – Stoneyard Brewing Brockport (1-9pm)
Saturday October 3 – Resurgence Brewing (10am-12:30pm)
If you would like to have someone pick-up your DLG Backyard Brewfest package for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number in the subject line, followed by “new pickup person.” Give the name of the person picking up in the body of the email – they will be asked for their ID and your order number to verify on location.
Purchase tickets here. For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/1229807120690005/ or https://drinklikeagirl5k.com/backyard-brewfest.