May is usually the month that Mazza Chautauqua Cellars / Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing kick-off what they lovingly refer to as “Patio Season,” the beginning of Pint Nights, food from their friends at Bird, and an overall return to nicer weather and general enjoyment of wine, spirits, beer, food, music and fresh air on their expansive outdoor patio.
This year, by the fate of numbers, May 2020 (5/20), gave cause for extra celebration – a once-in-a-century month-long event dubbed “Five & 20 Month” (#Five20Month). Being that this is the first and (probably) last time that this momentous occasion will be celebrated in our lifetimes, they have resolved not to let our current circumstances crush their spirit(s and beers) and instead pivoted the festivities into a month-long parade of curbside promotions, virtual celebrations, prizes, and pairings. Though they are currently (as of this release) unable to welcome folks into their tasting room, you can still celebrate with them from the comfort of your home (or by safely picking up curbside):
- Kick-off (Youtube) Jam Session with Fred Oakman on 5/1
- Special Curbside Pick-up Promotions (including a chance to win a Five & 20 Whiskey Barrel Adoption)
- $5 and $20 menus (see what they did there?)
- Virtual Cheers on 5/20 at 5:20 pm
- New & Seasonal Beer Releases (Golden Hoop IPA and Lim Wit Radler)
- Saturday Beer Dinner and Mother’s Day Brunch Pickups in partnership with 1201 Kitchen
- DIY Beer Tasting and Cocktail Kits available for pickup
- Five & 20 Rye Whiskey Cocktail Competition (bartenders can get info here: https://fiveand20.com/cocktail-competition/)
For all the info on #Five20Month, check out https://fiveand20.com/month/ and follow @fiveand20 on Facebook and Instagram, until we can raise a glass together again!