After taking a year off due to the pandemic (like most beer events), the Brewer’s Invitational, an event focused on locally created small batch beers and one of our favorite events of the year, makes it triumphant return to New York Beer Project.
If you’ve yet to attend one of these, you’re truly missing out. NYBP provides a rather intimate setting that affords you the opportunity to discuss each brew to your hearts consent with the very people who put the ingredients in the tank
I scoured the beer list and came away with a number of beers I will be lining up for first and foremost. While I’m highlighting a few here, rest assured there are plenty of love beers I will be partaking of that did not make this list.
So, print this list out, copy it down or just remember a few of these come Sunday. Happy drinking!
Resurgence Brewing Roadside Attraction NEIPA – Barney Stinson once famously said, ‘never is always better.’ That’s the case for Resurgence’s Roadside Attraction. It’s new, I haven’t yet had it and, given Resurgence’s recent track record if hazy IPAs, which is very good if you didn’t know, it makes this list.
Lafayette Brewing Co. Millennial Falcon IPL – I’m a sucker for India Pale Lagers. Part IPA, part lager – it’s the best of both worlds. Lafayette’s new IPL is brewed with Millennium, Galaxy and Falconers Flight hops for notes of citrus. I’ll be in line for this for sure.
First Line Brewing Pilsner – Not all beers on this list are new to me. First Line’s pilsner is light and as crisp as clear beers come. This is an easy drinker and I’ll most likely be found drinking a few of these come Sunday.
Pressure Drop Brewing x Resurgence x Old First Ward Brewing More Greener IPA – This is a collab I look forward to every year and I’m glad these three breweries have kept the tradition alive. Its smooth and tropical with notes of mango, tangerine and berry. Yum.
Community Beer Works Chocolate Covered Strawberry The Whale – So, I probably don’t have to list many reasons why this beer is a must-drink. Just read the name. I mean, c’mon. Chocolate covered strawberries and The Whale. What more needs to be said?
42 North Brewing Company Blueberry Rhubarb Crumble Gose – A gose with lactose, blueberry, rhubarb, graham cracker and vanilla. Sounds like a winner. I loved their Lemon Blueberry Crumble Gose and Strawberry Rhubarb Gose, so I’m looking forward to this.
New York Beer Project Supernatural (Aged blend of Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc barrels on Brett) – When I attended the first ever Brewer’s Invitational, Supernatural was the best beer I drank there, and went onto be one of the best beers I had that year. I’m looking forward to this one. I’m also intrigued by this sour beer with Amarillo and Huell Melon hops aged in Pinot Noir barrels for over 2 years on two strains of Brett. That sounds tasty as well.
One-Eyed Cat Brewing Bumble – What says One-Eyed Cat more than a 10.8% doppelbock? I’m just going to have to make sure that I take it easy when I get to the OEC booth because they are also pouring a Belgian Tripel I want to try.
For more information on the Brewer’s Invitational, click here.
Beer list (subject to change):
- Fifth Sun – Mexican Chocolate Stout with Peppers & Cinnamon
- Dank Generation – West Coast IPA with Centennial and Simcoe Hops
Big Ditch Brewing
- Risqué Rosé (Sour Ale with grape juice and hibiscus)
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Towpath
- Roadside Attraction NEIPA
- Ward Rainbow Fruited Sour
Riverworks Brewing (Lafayette Beers)
- Ron Mexico – Mexican Lager
- Millennial Falcon – IPL
42 North Brewing
- Hopography #6 Black NEIPA
- Blueberry Rhubarb Crumble Gose
Old First Ward Brewing
- St. Patrick’s Pilsner
- Against The Grain Hefeweizen
Lilly Belle Meads
- Dirigible Plum: Bourbon Barrel Aged Mead with Plum and Spice
- Black Hole – Black Raspberry and Mosaic Hopped Mead
Eli Fish Brewing
- Limoncello (Dessert sour with Meyer Lemons, Buddha’s Hand, and Vanilla)
- Mountain Top Mist NEIPA
- Double Brunch Fruited Sour w/ Pineapple and Pink Guava
- Yuzu Samurai – Belgian IPA with Yuzu
- Hana wa sakuragi (2020) – 10.5% Belgian Imperial Stout
Rusty Nickel Brewing
- Ohhh Fudge Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Imperial Porter
- Masked Defenders Series: Blue Raspberry, Cherry, and Lime Fruited Sour
Thin Man Brewing
- Oud Bruin
- Tmavy Lezak – Czech dark lager
12 Gates Brewing
- Moonlight Fog Hazy IPA
- Ominous (American Stout)
First Line Brewing
- Yabba, Fruity Pebbles IPA
- First Line Pilsner
Community Beer Works
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry The Whale
- Cool Runnings Winter Wheat IPA
- White Bronco
- Counterfeit Ruble, Bourbon and Rye BA Russian Imperial Stout with vanilla beans, cocoa powder, Oreo cookies and peanut butter
- Muddy Paws Sour
- Ford Session IPA
Santoras Brew Pub
- The Trubbel with Dubbels
- Snow Sledding
Pressure Drop Brewing
- 2020 Blackalicous
- Sticky Icky Hazy IPA
Woodcock Brothers Brewing
- Beautiful Game Hazy IPA
- “Dirty” Mitten
- Barrel Aged Blueberry Maple Pancake
- Sankt Paulidorf IPA
- Botanical Blueberry
- Double Dry Hopped Cider
Blackbird Cider Works
- White Hurricane
- Extra Dry Classic Wood Aged
West Shore Brewing
- Grapefruit Green Flyer
- Peanut Butter Cup
Southern Tier Brewing
- Irish Cream Stout
One Eyed Cat Brewing
- Belgian Tripel
New York Beer Project
- 2019 Triple Crown Imperial Stout barrel aged in Woodford Reserve Bourbon barrels
- Chevy to the Levee Barleywine
- Supernatural aged in a blend of Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc barrels on Brett
- Sour beer brewed with Amarillo and Huell Melon hops that was aged in Pinot Noir barrels
Brian Campbell is co-founder and Brand Manager of the Buffalo Beer League, and writes the weekly Buffalo Beer Buzz column. If you have beer news that should be included in the Beer Buzz, Brian can be reached at email@example.com, on Twitter (@buffbeerleague), Instagram (@buffalobeerleague), and Facebook (@thebuffalobeerleague).