As part of a revitalization effort in the Village of Lancaster and in celebration of International Mead Day, Lilly Belle Meads is hosting the 2nd annual Renaissance Street Faire on Saturday August 5 from 12pm-10pm.
The event will feature mead (a honey based alcoholic beverage) as well as live music, local craft beer, axe throwing, street performers, vendors and much more! It is an all ages event. Mead is the oldest alcoholic beverage and what better day for a renaissance themed festival to celebrate it on international mead day!
- Live Music by 45 RPM (1pm-4pm), PA Line (7pm-10pm)
- Interactive activities include axe throwing from Hatchets & Hops, a stilted street performer, tarot card readings, sidewalk chalk contest, water balloon stocks toss game
- Performances by Be Witched Buffalo, Buffalo Aerial Dance, Nickel City Longsword
- There will also be a backyard BBQ competition as well as local craft beer from 10 local breweries
- The event will take place on West Main St. in the Village of Lancaster and will be closed to vehicles, it will also spread out to the newly opened Cayuga Creek Park
- A renaissance costume contest will take place on West Main St. at 4pm (registration required)
- Turkey legs will be served by Skoob’s Village Grille
- Food trucks include Lloyd Tace, Great Aussie Food Bite, Britesmith, WNY Food Carts, Pink Cow Ice Cream, Big Papa’s Ice Cream