The holiday spirit is on tap at Hofbräuhaus Buffalo with its first-ever Christkindlmarkt. Opening on Friday afternoon (4:00 p.m.) with a parade and tree lighting ceremony (6:00 p.m.), the three-weekend event will feature more than 30 local artisans selling unique and handcrafted pottery, folk art, paintings, wood crafted ornaments, jewelry, and more in traditional wooden chalets outside the popular Bierhaus. A portion of the proceeds will benefit FeedMore WNY.
Based on authentic European Christmas markets, this new outdoor event unites cherished German traditions with international flair and local charm in a safe, family friendly experience in downtown Buffalo. Christkindlmarkt will feature visits from Santa and Mrs. Claus every Saturday from noon to 2:00 p.m. Marketgoers should also be on the lookout for the legendary Krampus, as he lurks around the grounds each weekend. Glühwein (warm mulled wine) and hot chocolate will be available in souvenir mugs with other outdoor German fare. A full menu will be available inside Hofbräuhaus.
Christkindlmarkt will take place in the Biergarten at Hofbräuhaus.
A full list of events and activities are available on the Hofbräuhaus Facebook page.
Wochenende Eins (Weekend One):
- Friday, December 3 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 4 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 5 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wochenende Zwei (Weekend Two):
- Friday, December 10 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 11 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 12 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wochenende Drei (Weekend Three):
- Friday, December 17 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 18 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 19 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To further encourage the spirit of the season, Christkindlmarkt has partnered with the Buffalo Holiday Market to offer horse-drawn carriage rides between the two events.