TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR LOCAL CRAFT BEER AND MUSIC FESTIVAL COMING TO CANALSIDE SATURDAY JULY 19
WNY’s Only Craft Beer Festival Put On By and For WNY Brewers!
Buffalo, NY – The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association announced last week at a Canalside press conference that tickets are now on sale for the Buffalo Brewers Festival at Canalside, a premiere craft beer and music festival on Saturday July 19 from 3-10pm that will celebrate and showcase Western New York’s burgeoning craft beer and food scene. The festival, which runs from 3pm-10pm, will convene the area’s top local & state brewers, farmers and food artisans for a day-long festival that will include craft beer tastings and pairings, live music, food trucks, and much more. The Buffalo Brewers Festival will feature craft brewers and brews from more than 30 New York State breweries, six live bands on two different stages, five food trucks, and a Meet-the-Brewer tent with brewer-led food/beer pairings, educational panels, and special tastings.
“The 2014 Buffalo Brewers Festival at Canalside is the first of what we expect to become an annual celebration that showcases Western New York’s exploding local craft beer and food scene,” said Willard Brooks, Chairman of the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association (BNBA), which is organizing the event along with Canalside, Global Spectrum, and the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation (ECHDC). “Similar to our annual Buffalo Beer Week festival, this event showcases and celebrates the very best of our state’s and region’s local craft food and beverage producers. If you love locally-produced craft beer, great tasting food and live music on the Buffalo waterfront, then you won’t want to miss this first-annual event.” Additional attractions at the event include:
- BEER! – We will be hosting 30+ breweries with 60 or 70 different beers on tap to sample. Later from 7-10pm, while J.J. Grey & Mofro is playing, we will have pints for sale featuring only BNBA member breweries.
- Meet the Brewer! – Special ticketed food & beer tasting sessions that feature local breweries paired with cheese, charcuterie, and chocolate.
- VIP! – Available to VIP-ticketed guests, the beer tent is a beer-enthusiast and localavores’s dream, serving up select special brews paired with a whole-roasted hertiage hog from T-Meadow Farm and an array of locally crafted sides — all expertly prepared and presented by Chef Jeff Cooke of Osteria 166.
- MUSIC! – Thanks to Canalside’s talents, live music will be part of the festival all day long! During the beer tasting from 3-7pm, music will complement the 30+ breweries on tap with Big Leg Emma, Pine Fever, Steam Donkey and busker surprises. From 7-10pm, music will take center stage as the Tumbleweed Wanders open for J.J. Grey & Mofro with pints of local beer for sale.
- Breweries — Adirondack, Barrier, Blackbird Cider, Brooklyn, Captain Lawrence, CB, Community Beer Works, Ellicottville, Flying Bison, Galaxy, Gordon Biersch, Hamburg, Horseheads, Ithaca, Keuka, Lake Placid, New Buffalo, Old First Ward, Ommegang, Pan Am, Pearl Street, Resurgence, Ringside, Roc, Rogers, Saranac, St Lawerence, Shmaltz, Single Cut, Southern Tier, Spider Bite, Three Heads, Woodcock Brothers.
“The Buffalo Brewer’s festival at Canalside is a special event which brings the Buffalo brewing heritage and culture full circle to Buffalo’s inspirational waterfront”, said John Russo, founder of Hamburg Brewing Company, one of the local breweries to be represented at the event. “It is an event that engages the beer consumer in the most important part of brewing culture…. FUN! When great food, great music, and great beer collide it becomes a celebration of what us Buffalonians enjoy.”
Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased at www.TicketFly.com or the Association’s website, BuffaloNiagaraBrewersAssociation.org. General admission is $40 and includes all beer tastings and access to live music from 3-10pm. VIP tickets are also available for $75 and include early entry and access to the VIP tent. For more information about the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association – including membership – and the full line up of bands, breweries, food vendors, and other participants, please visit BuffaloNiagaraBrewersAssociation.org. Also visit BuffaloBrewersFestival.com.
About The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association: The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association exists to unify the Buffalo Niagara craft beer community in order to increase regional sales of craft beer through promotions, marketing, public awareness, consumer education, and to monitor and assure a thriving craft beer and brewing industry within the Buffalo Niagara Region. For more information about the BN Brewers Association, including membership, please visit https://buffalobeerleague.com
Festival Tickets www.BuffaloBrewersFestival.com